The overall piece ended up being a couple inches too short so adding a cute border between the blocks and binding would have probably been a good decision. Oh, and I tried my hand at hand stitching the binding to the front of the cover. I had it finished before the Reds had ended their ballgame that I was watching with my husband on tv...and I think it turned out great!
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Sewing Machine Cover
I love the charm packs and wanted to find a project that I could incorporate them but not take a long time to complete. The sewing machine cover via sew delicious was perfect! My craft room is decorated in lime and hot pink so I found a charm pack to accessorize those colors with a little turquoise and red to add some flair. After laying out the pattern, the next steps were to stitch the top and quilt the batting and the back to it. Adding the side flaps were a little tricky but I figured them out. The last step was to add a white binding tape around the bottom and viola! A little added color to my room and a functional cover to help reduce the amount of dust getting into my sewing machine...a win, win! This was a fun and basic sewing project that gave me some more practice sewing straight lines and quilting the layers and in all in only took a few hours on about four different afternoons to complete. (Probably longer than expected, but the weather was nice outside so I chose not to stay inside the whole time.)