Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cooper's Big Boy Bed

It is time for my 1 1/2 year old nephew Cooper to move on up to a big boy bed.  So what better way to  help him adjust than to make him a quilt to match his bedroom!  This quilt is special for me because I actually created the design layout and figured out the dimensions in order to accommodate the size of his bed.  His room is nautical themed so I found a paper-pieced sailboat design which I then had to enlarge to fit with my dimensions.  The initials were appliquéd with a zigzag stitch.  I also enlarged them to fit the pattern more proportionately than the original sized letters I downloaded.  The back is a kid friendly pattern of sailor octopus, crabs, and monkeys.  I used a simple quilting design of waves and loops and then attached a white binding around the perimeter to complete the quilt.  I just delivered it last weekend, so hopefully the next time I go to Cooper's house, I can get a picture of it on his bed.  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment